Quick and Easy Method of Adding a Newsletter to the Document Repository
- Log in as admin
- Navigate to the Newsletter page
- Click on 'Add New Document'
- For Title: add the title of the newsletter
- Hint: Use the same naming convention for all of them for consistency, i.e. March 2010 Newsletter, April 2010 Newsletter, etc.
- Skip down to Link Type: and select 'File'
- At Link: make sure the File Location is NEWSLETTERS/, if not use the pull down menu to select NEWSLETTERS/
- Supposing that this is a new file that is not in the File Manager yet, click on 'Upload New File' under the File Name: box
- Click on the Browse button to the left of the File Name: box
- This will take you to a Windows Explorer box of your computer
- Select the file from your computer that you want to upload and click on Open
- *Click on Upload Selected File, below the File Name: box
- Wait a moment and the file name will appear in the box
- Below there the only box to select is 'Open Link In New Browser Window?'
- Now Update and you're done!
*This is the most commonly overlooked step, which results in the link going to the default document (usually the first one ever entered into the sytem).