To create the table:
- Click on the table icon at the top of the text editor, typically found a couple of icons in front of the smiley face, and a couple of icons after the 'insert image' icon.
- Now you see the Table Properties window.
- If the text is just a block of text that you're applying to an 'About Us' page, for instance, then just create a table with 1 row and 1 column.
- Adjust accordingly if you're creating a table of names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- There are only a few things we like to change here, for ease of use, the Border Size=0, Cell Spacing and Padding=0 (this gives your table a clean look without the lines).
- Typically, we set the alignment to center, but you may have a different preference. Center alignment keeps your table in the middle of the page and is more visually appealing.
- Last is the width which we usually set to 600 pixels. This is a safe number that will keep your page from getting wider when you're done. You can play with this number to see what works best for you.
- The height will automatically adjust when you paste your text into the table.
- Now click OK and you will have a small table in the text editor. Don't worry, it will expand when you paste your text into it.
- If you are using several cells, I find that the best way to navigate between cells is with the left, right, up and down arrows on my keyboard.